Experienced highway professionals
Worcestershire Highways brings together a wide range of experienced professionals including, partner contractors: Prysmian Cables Ltd, Ringway Infrastructure Services, and Alun Griffiths Contractors. Talbot Transport are proud to be associated with this group.
During bad winters Talbots have been utilised by Ringway, redistributing salt supplies between depots in Tenbury and Alvechurch. During recent winters we supplied loading shovels and lorries to move these supplies.
Often due to the uncertainty of weather conditions we have done this at short notice, at weekends, and even on Boxing Day!
This again is a reflection of our willing and flexible staff.
After the collapse Talbot were involved in the removal of rubble from the river bed.
• Supply of Recycled fill sand for behind buttress and topsoils for landscaping.
• Supply of recycled 6F2 aggregates to create compound and piling mats to enable construction of the new bridge.
Talbot’s role involves the removal of 80% of the road planings from highways. In recent years this figure has topped 1000 tonnes of material per week. Much of this is brought back to our yard to be 100% recycled into Type 1 materials. This is then recycled to farmers for tracks, fishing pools and outdoor centres car-parks.
This work is often carried out at anti-social hours to reduce inconvenience to other road users and we are fortunate to have a willing, flexible workforce which enables us to carry out such contracts. We supply topsoils to all Ringway highway services depots for the use in verges and open spaces around the County network.
A new project for Worcestershire County Council in the repair of the edge of carriage way on the counties C-roads.
Talbots supply specialist machinery to place a recycled aggregates into strengthening trenches on the roadside.
• Extensive haulage of existing material from Hoobrook to Stourport Road before bridge built.
• Supply of 6F2 aggregate to back fill behind either bridge buttress during construction.
• Supply of recycled topsoil for landscaping of new road verges.